THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 1, 2010

April 29, 2010

Just wow, yeah? I am parked in Timbuktu. So….yeah. Yesterday was completely insane, neurotic, crazy, mad mad mad.
When I came up here last night to pick up something from my desk, I fully intended to send out a dOrk fOrces, but….we were busy and I stayed to kill some calls from the queue. Sorry.

Whew. Woozy. No one came with me to donate blood, either. First time for me. Didn't realize only drinking coffee for breakfast would not be such a hot idea on a day when you're going to donate blood. Thank you, Keith and Bryan, for the juice and water. My head does not feel shrunken and dried out like a prune anymore.



Song promotion of the day -
Wicked Game by Chris Isaak AND the HIM rendition
Far Behind by Candlebox
Haunted by Poe
Til I Hear it From You by Gin Blossoms
Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
If You Could Only See by Tonic
Soul Girl by Stone Temple Pilots
I'll Be by Edwin McCain
Criminal by Fiona Apple

My Gal Friday…Steffi Style Song Promotion of the Day-
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Crazy on You by Heart
Only the Lonely by The Motels


Today in History
from www.todayinhistory.com

1813 - Rubber is patented.
1852 - First edition of Peter Roget's Thesaurus published.
1905 - 2 inches of rain falls in 10 minutes in Taylor, Tx.




Quotes

"This world is only going to break your heart." ~from Wicked Game

"You and me, and these shadows keep on changing." ~from Poe's Haunted





Quotes
from random friends, family, etc.

neil diamond wasn't a bad first concert to have gone to, right? i mean - it was better than the opera!!!!
~My Gal Friday…


Word of the Day
from www.dictionary.com

valetudinarian - a weak or sickly person


Holidaze
from www.brownielocks.com

Today is Poem in Your Pocket Day. I ♥ this.


My Life is Average
www.mylifeisaverage.com

Today I nearly choked on a lifesaver. Oh irony, you never disappoint. MLIA

Today I saw a tiny bug flying around my desk. It landed on my cheek. I slapped myself in the face so hard it left a hand print. The bug got away. MLIA.

Today, I put my banana in the microwave to see what it tasted like when it was heated. The stem caught on fire. MLIA.

Today, I was chewing gum while at a stop light. I blew the largest bubble ever and frantically tried to get the attention of the guy in the next car. He looked, just in time to see the bubble burst all over my face. MLIA


Customers are Fun
from www.notalwaysright.com

Ask Her To Close All Windows Next
Tech Support | South Carolina, USA

Me: “Can you get online?”
Customer: “How do you do that?”
Me: “Do you see Internet Explorer?”
Customer: “Where do I see that?”
Me: “It should be on your desktop.”
Customer: *rustling papers* “I don’t see it on my desk anywhere. Are you sure it is here?”

Chuck Norris Factoid of the Day
from www.chucknorrisfactoids.com

"Chuck Norris died ten years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't get up the courage to tell him. "


Funny Pics
from the www.icanhascheezburger.com collection







Personal
from the life & times of jessi bean

Went to the gas station yesterday, all pumps were down, so I went to another one. When I went inside for my change, the poor lady behind the counter accidentally voided my ticket. Then the manager came out and started getting after her, and I ended up arguing with the manager because she was trying to blame the lady (it was an accident, woman!), and she didn't want to give me my change (if it had been under $10, I probably just would have walked out). Then I go to the library I normally go to to print stuff out, and they increased the cost per page to 25 cents, so I headed to FedEx Kinko's on 410 & Bandera….and it was gone.

So I go out to Castroville library (thank you, 10 cents per page), and print out over 60 pages. I realize that the last document I need is in my desk…here. So I drive out here with my son, and CA was down, so people were off the phones. He got a packet of poptarts (thank you, Kenny), and got to play with the blow up hammer. I think my son thinks that my official career is a party.





People of Chase
from the life & times of … you!





Live…From California!!
from the adventures of SPA (my nephew & his friends)

My nephew…literally used the phrase…"This girl I have the hots for." Talk about a throwback. He's 17. He's using the phrase "hots." I died laughing.



Random Funnies
from www.ahajokes.com

Rawr. Sorry. My pet dinosaur ate this class' homework.

Learn from My Fail
from www.learnfrommyfail.com


Before driving three hours to the nearest IKEA…. be sure you have your wallet. #LFMF

When flipping the bird and shrieking at a driver 2 blocks from your workplace, make sure you know EXACTLY what kind of car the new VP drives. #LFMF

Cleaning a switched-on electrical outlet of dubious safety is an excellent way to test your pacemaker. #LFMF

Never say "want to see something impressive?" to a co-worker while unbuckling your belt. Even if it’s just to show her how many belt-holes you’ve dropped since you started losing weight. #LFMF

When getting so angry at a video-game, you begin to scream death-threats that would make serial killers pee their pants, make sure the door is closed, so your grandma cant hear you. #LFMF






Have a terrific Thursday!!

♥jessi

0 comments:

Pages

Followers